It has been a busy week for our research program! Our summer team (Jackie and Talia) is here, and Kaitlyn is done with classes – so in the past week, we have:
- covered the caterpillar tunnels and planted tomatoes and habitat plants for our SARE high tunnel project.
- planted our greenhouse pepper variety trial, and sent a set of all varieties with Olivia for her tunnel pepper demonstration in Carroll County.
- pruned the seedless table grape vineyard and applied grow tubes to establish nice, straight trunks.
- moved our moveable high tunnel in prep for summer cover cropping.
- planted dayneutral strawberry plants and are installing low tunnels over them.
And we have done a lot of tidying and weeding to keep things organized. The summer is off to a good start. All we need now is some continued warm weather so that all of these plants take off and grow well!